Dr. Wallace Wrightwood: I'm gonna say this once. 'Gonna say it simple. And I hope to God for your sakes you all listen. There are no Abominable Snowmen. There are so Sasquatches. There are no Big Feet! [the family begins to giggle. Unbeknownst to Wrightwood, Harry is standing right behind him] Dr. Wallace Wrightwood: Am I missing something?

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Okay, John McCrazy

I love old people. They have wonderful stories and everything they've seen or done is interesting to me because they involve experiences I will never have. I will never live through the Dust Bowl of the 1930's. I will never remember what it was like when JFK was assassinated. I will never milk my own cow and sell the cream to buy food for my family. I will never know what it was like to graduate from high school in the 1970's. Old people are wonderful.

That said - there are some old people who are also crazy. How can you tell if you are just old or old and crazy?

Well, meet Chief Crazy Old Person, aka Nearly Commander-in-Chief Crazy Old Person:







Senator John McCain, as in almost our President John McCain, thinks that the challenge in Afghanistan is "not as tough as Iraq" and success in Afghanistan is not dependent on success in Pakistan.

Old people tell great stories. I work with a few - they start every conversation with how things were twenty years ago. Crazy old people tell especially good stories. Usually though, these don't end with fundamentalist terrorists getting their hands on nuclear weapons owned by a very fragile Pakistan.

No comments:

Post a Comment